This page is all about meditation, relaxation, breathing techniques. If you think it's time to make a break and open your mind to the universe...
When you feel that something could be a threat
for you, then stress occurs. Here is the mechanism of stress.
Your brain first analyses the problem
and try to understand it. This is a positive reaction to stress. Then your thoughts are directed to the problem in question, then you fear. This is a negative reaction, you think but you don't act.
The second reaction to stress is not controlled by your brain, but a direct reaction from your body
- more blood pressure, cardio pulsation increase
- muscles get contracted, and as a result this hurts you
- you feel that you run out of oxygen : breathing increases
So what can you do then to face stress? There are a few things to do :
- act : think about how you can face your problem, try to understand it
- do not think about what could happen, do not think too much about yourself in danger : exactly as if you what to climb a mountain and you know you should never look back ( you would get paralysed )
- you can in some way control your body reaction with relaxation
It is time now to think about relaxation
, as a way of handling stress. The idea is to break the vicious circle
where stress generates contraction, and contraction generates stress. Here is a very simple exercise that gives very good results. You can practice it in almost every situation, and this doesn't need to be very long :
- have a normal abdomen inspiration
- get your abdomen contracted for 5 seconds, keeping all the rest of your body relaxed
- have a long expiration completely relaxed for about 10 seconds
Repeat this exercise 3 times, and you'll notice that your cardiac pulsation decreases
It can be easy to have a complete relaxation
, with a 15 minutes exercise. The more you'll practice it, the more you're learn how to get relaxed very quickly. This is up to you...
- start with a simple relaxation ( see above)
back to home page
- observe your body , and see how it gets relaxed. The important thing is you should not try to relax, but just observe your body getting relaxed. This is a kind of auto-hypnosis.
- observe which part of your body gets relaxed first. Will learn then in which order your body gets relaxed
- you can stop the exercise after 15 minutes